Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Allow me to introduce myself...

My job allows me the ability to listen and stream new music for hours on end. It brings a lot of life to an otherwise low energy desk job -- it's a life saver in other words. My time with the music has allowed me to discover many different artists, more than I can realistically keep track of.

So what to do? Making the longest playlist through Spotify was a starting point I suppose -- but I still found things getting lost in the clutter. I wanted to have a better way to really access the bands and songs that really struck a cord with me. That's when I decided to author this blog!

This blog is basically my 'drunk drawer' for music and artists that I've discovered. They don't really have a place among my regular rotation due to its sheer volume, but I didn't want any of them to go by the wayside. So don't be fooled by the name -- it may be a self-described drunk drawer, but to me it's full of treasure.

I always think the best type of content anyone produces is the type of content they produce for themselves. So knowing that this blog was really stemming from my personal passion for music, I decided it would be a good idea to share it with all of you and see if you find yourself sharing similar discoveries.

Now to start putting things in the drawer...

No comments:

Post a Comment